“Make no mistake the photographers, the agency and the magazine will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law,” the star said.
New dad George Clooney says “the safety” of his twins “demands” he sue over new paparazzi photos.
The 56-year-old actor promised legal action in a statement Friday to TMZ after the French magazine Voici published images of Ella and Alexander, his infant daughter and son with wife Amal Clooney.
“Over the last week photographers from Voici magazine scaled our fence, climbed our tree and illegally took pictures of of our infants inside our home. Make no mistake the photographers, the agency and the magazine will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law,” the star said.
E! News reported the photos show Clooney and Amal holding their twins at their estate in Lake Como, Italy. A rep for Voici defended the magazine’s right to publish the pictures, saying the photos didn’t endanger the family.
“George and Amal Clooney have been very public personalities for the last few years,” the rep said. “The birth of their twins, Ella and Alexander, has also been commented a lot, by themselves and their families.”
“The images published in Voici this Friday are a response to a public demand,” the rep explained. “People love George Clooney and have been following his life story for years now. Those pictures do not put in danger Mr. Clooney, his wife or their kids.”
Clooney and Amal married in Venice, Italy, in September 2014, and welcomed Ella and Alexander in June. The actor’s longtime friend Rande Gerber said the same month that Clooney and Amal are doing well as new parents.
“He’s so happy right now,” Gerber said of Clooney. “Just in life in general and having those kids, you know, it’s an incredible feeling for him.”
“I did see the babies,” he added. “[My wife,] Cindy [Crawford], and I went to London and went to the house and spent some time with them. The kids are the perfect mix of George and Amal. I mean, they really are so cute!”