Nawaz Sharif Withdrew Forces From Kargil on US Orders, Says Pervez Musharraf
May 15, 2018 (DESPARDES/PKONWEB) — Former president General (retd) Pervez Musharraf on Monday said former PM Nawaz Sharif ordered to withdraw forces from Kargil in 1999 on orders of the United States (US).
“Pakistan’s forces had the upper hand on five points in Kargil, but Nawaz opted to withdraw forces after New Delhi asked the US to pressurize the PML-N government,” Musharraf said in a video message from Dubai.
Musharraf added that Nawaz says he was not taken into confidence over the Kargil issue, which is “false”. He said Nawaz was briefed twice and that the ex-PM had himself vowed to raise Pakistan’s flag in Srinagar.
Referring to the PML-N supremo’s “controversial” comments regarding the 2008 Mumbai attacks, Musharraf said Nawaz is trying to malign the country’s armed forces which is “deplorable”. “For Nawaz to utter such remarks in a crucial time, there must be a hidden motive behind it.”
The ex-president further said that Pakistan was not involved in Mumbai attacks, adding that the ex-PM was giving statements as he is facing corruption cases.
Gen. Musharraf, who was the army chief during the Kargil War, also demanded that Nawaz should be tried for treason for his controversial remarks on the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
The 74-year-old former President, facing a slew of cases in the country, has been living in Dubai since last year when he was allowed to go abroad for medical treatment.
These Paintings, Video and a Viral Pic Tell-Tale Kashmir Unvarnished
IRSHAD SALIM, (Islamabad,; Oct 31, 2018): Poignant artworks by Pakistani children on Kashmir went onRead More
Overseas Pakistanis Votes Could be a Game Changer in Some By-Poll Constituencies
OCT 15, 2018: The unofficial results of the by-election in 35 constituencies are out butRead More